Post  DMD123 2014-07-07, 23:53

That would be really weird if it wasnt your cat....  Suspect 
DMD123
DMD123
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

WTH CAT?!? Empty Re: WTH CAT?!?

Post  fishNAbowl 2014-07-07, 23:54

Fresh tap water isn't good enough for her. She also drinks from the toilet  Rolling Eyes

LOL!
fishNAbowl
fishNAbowl
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  fishNAbowl 2014-07-07, 23:56

When she was a kitten she jumped into my tank twice while the top was open, HA! I am just waiting for the versa-top to collapse....
fishNAbowl
fishNAbowl
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  ShortyKiloGyrl 2014-07-07, 23:56

Yeup mine does it too! But he still has litter in his paws and goes 'fishing' as well as drinks from it. I went through 4 different kinds of tape to which he didn't mind at all. My last resort was thick cardboard and cheap dollar store think tacks up through it. Sharp and pokey but no damage to his paws. I just rested them on there so when he stepped on them and went to jump they would move, scaring him too. No more kitty on the fish tank lol. Cats love running water. Another reason why they drink from it. I got a cheap Walmart cat fountain and it helped the drinking part since this cool and unheated water. Then the fishing continued. Until Mr. Kitty met thumb tack strips Smile

Btw, beautiful cat! I have a chocolate himalayan Smile
ShortyKiloGyrl
ShortyKiloGyrl
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Anthraxx 2014-07-07, 23:58

my cat did that once.. busted right thru the glass lid, at 3am no less. thought i had an intruder, come out to him just staring at the busted tank like "woah! You see that??"

PS: cat is a 15lb maine coon so that doesnt help..
Anthraxx
Anthraxx
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  ShortyKiloGyrl 2014-07-07, 23:58

I love how she has the look of 'yeah so what, not like you're going to do anything about it.' in the 3rd pic
ShortyKiloGyrl
ShortyKiloGyrl
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  ShortyKiloGyrl 2014-07-08, 00:01

Anthraxx wrote:my cat did that once.. busted right thru the glass lid, at 3am no less. thought i had an intruder, come out to him just staring at the busted tank like "woah! You see that??"

Good thing my 17lbs cat doesn't care about anything but sleep! Lol its my Bengal I have the tank issues with. We seem to all have high breed cats here. FishNAbowl yours looks to be pure bred siamese?
ShortyKiloGyrl
ShortyKiloGyrl
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  fishNAbowl 2014-07-08, 00:07

I think they called her a sand point Siamese.  When young they had light tabby stripes but they all but faded away. Pure? I don't know. We adopted her and her litter mate sister at 6 weeks. They are now about 18 months old. I am not sure of the breeding history . I was against the furry pet thing but they quickly grew on me and now are my girls Very Happy
fishNAbowl
fishNAbowl
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  fishNAbowl 2014-07-08, 00:13

Anthraxx wrote:my cat did that once.. busted right thru the glass lid, at 3am no less. thought i had an intruder, come out to him just staring at the busted tank like "woah! You see that??"

DOH! When my cat jumped in I was shoulder deep and she used me to climb out in a panic. It took a while for those scratches to heal.  affraid
fishNAbowl
fishNAbowl
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  fishNAbowl 2014-07-08, 00:18

ShortyKiloGyrl wrote:Yeup mine does it too! But he still has litter in his paws and goes 'fishing' as well as drinks from it. I went through 4 different kinds of tape to which he didn't mind at all. My last resort was thick cardboard and cheap dollar store think tacks up through it. Sharp and pokey but no damage to his paws. I just rested them on there so when he stepped on them and went to jump they would move, scaring him too. No more kitty on the fish tank lol. Cats love running water. Another reason why they drink from it. I got a cheap Walmart cat fountain and it helped the drinking part since this cool and unheated water. Then the fishing continued. Until Mr. Kitty met thumb tack strips Smile

Btw, beautiful cat! I have a chocolate himalayan Smile

I like the tack idea... Suspect .... last thing I need is a drowned cat   Sad  I can imagine it would be like falling through ice in a lake if she ended up under the glass...
fishNAbowl
fishNAbowl
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  MorganEA 2014-07-08, 00:33

she is a little Siamese I doubt that she could break the glass top. My orange kitty that is built like a tank lays on top of my tank all the time.
MorganEA
MorganEA
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  ShortyKiloGyrl 2014-07-08, 00:53

That was another thing I was fearful of finding because he was smart enough to do it when we were gone so he wouldn't get caught. If it wasn't for the paw prints on the glass he might of got away with it.
ShortyKiloGyrl
ShortyKiloGyrl
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Madness 2014-07-08, 01:12

I remember when she was just a kitten. What a beautiful cat.
Madness
Madness

Back to top Go down

Post  cichlid-gal 2014-07-08, 08:18

Agreed...she's lovely. We had a beautiful siamese named Mia, that we lost over a July 4th (my oldest daughter was babysitting while we were on vacation and she left her out the night of the 4th...she never came home...I wonder why? dang kids) Now we have a maine coon hybrid...he's a big big boy. Beautiful cat also. I've never seen him on the tanks or mess with the fish. He even ignores the pond. He's a mouser, birder, rabbit killer, and snake hunter type. Most mornings I find some form of wildlife dead on the porch. He doesn't even bother to eat them, just kills them.
cichlid-gal
cichlid-gal
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  KaraWolf 2014-07-08, 12:43

hahaha yeah drinking out of my tanks is a common occurance >> though the cat doesn't do it often any more because its now on the kitchen counter instead of the table, she switched from my 2 gal to my 5 gal betta tanks and I think she laughs when they try to bite her. Instead the dog likes the filter output of my floor sitting 20 >> buttheads. Oh and glasses. If you've poured it for yourself she probably wants it in an hour LOL
KaraWolf
KaraWolf
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  ShortyKiloGyrl 2014-07-08, 12:53

Lol I talked to a lady at Petsmart that had a husky that would go fishing. He would jump on the tank, break the glass in the process and bite the fish and pull them out of the tank and kill them. She ended up going through over $200 in fish I think it was an countless tops. She finally gave up having fish.
ShortyKiloGyrl
ShortyKiloGyrl
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  LuminousAphid 2014-07-08, 12:57

Yeah, my 2 gallon bedroom tank has become my cat's drinking fountain; I don't even bother giving her water in a bowl anymore because she doesn't drink any of it. It must be the running water thing because she really seems to like it. The good thing about that one is that since I have it on my dresser, she has room to actually stand next to it, so it actually works as a pretty good cat bowl I guess.

Is there anything to worry about as far as harmful substances? I have never been worried about it, but my aunt was wondering if it is good for the cat or not. I have just assumed that if fish can live in it, it should be fine for cats
LuminousAphid
LuminousAphid
Lifetime Member

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9ckEZaAig5YXpVLIvU1qjg

Back to top Go down

Post  ShortyKiloGyrl 2014-07-08, 13:20

I'm guess the same as you are. A lot of cats drink from them without any ill effects.
ShortyKiloGyrl
ShortyKiloGyrl
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Missgrumpygills 2014-07-09, 13:32

I think they like the taste better, no chlorine lol Smile
Missgrumpygills
Missgrumpygills
FishBox Member

Back to top Go down