If you had to downsize and could only keep one tank, what would it be?

+2
lloyd378
DMD123
6 posters

Go down

If you had to downsize and could only keep one tank, what would it be? Empty If you had to downsize and could only keep one tank, what would it be?

Post  DMD123 2014-08-18, 16:51

If you had to downsize and could only keep one tank, what would it be?

Im not in that situation but was just trying to start up a subject to talk about.

For me I would keep my 40B set up with my hairy puffer. When I first got him my wife thought it was ugly and lacked any color. Now Scruffy has won her heart with his huge personality. While not as interactive as Porkchop my Pearsei, this guy has a huge personality wrapped up in a little package.

What would you do?
DMD123
DMD123
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

If you had to downsize and could only keep one tank, what would it be? Empty Re: If you had to downsize and could only keep one tank, what would it be?

Post  lloyd378 2014-08-18, 17:13

I'd keep my 48x15x20. And I'd stock it with my female red isletas

But I also like my 125 with biggie smalls
lloyd378
lloyd378

Back to top Go down

If you had to downsize and could only keep one tank, what would it be? Empty Re: If you had to downsize and could only keep one tank, what would it be?

Post  hobbyorobsession 2014-08-18, 17:25

Hard call, either the 125 with my severums and, geophagus redhead tapajos, or it's mirrored in contrast tank 125 fully planted out of control jungle tank.
hobbyorobsession
hobbyorobsession
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 2014-08-18, 17:31

My 125gal American cichlid tank. It's a main attraction in my house. Main floor near nook area and kitchen and across family room in our view. Or as you walk in through formal dining room and formal living room, first you see that attracts your eyes. Then people approach the tank. All the attention is in front of them cause most of buggers are begging for food. But of course I tell people they are on a feeding schedule.

Back to top Go down

Post  DMD123 2014-08-18, 17:42

I figure if I had to downsize it would be because something bad happened, and I thought my 210g would be the one to go. Thats why I thought I would end up with my 40B.

Last year when the business I worked for was closing its doors i had bought an in case tank. I thought I would want to stay in the hobby but may have to sell the big tank so I bought my 72g bowfront. Work came again soon after so no need to sell anything and ended up with another tank at that point.
DMD123
DMD123
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  PokeSephiroth 2014-08-18, 17:48

It's a toss up between my 55 gallon community tank, and the 36 bowfront fireplace tank... I'd say I'd end up keeping the 55 gallon community tank. It was my first tank I did by myself, ever since I moved here to Bremerton.
PokeSephiroth
PokeSephiroth
Deputy Derp

https://www.facebook.com/kitsapflowarts

Back to top Go down

Post  fishNAbowl 2014-08-18, 20:40

Definitely my 140. Same stock, same plants. 7 foot of detail and activity. This one tank can keep me pulled into the hobby for a life time Very Happy
fishNAbowl
fishNAbowl
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  KaraWolf 2014-08-19, 01:14

I'd finish building my 125 and stock it with 5-7 red tailed sharks; see if I can figure out how to breed them without hormones. Otherwise id stick to my 55 and fully stock it (finally)
KaraWolf
KaraWolf
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down