See posts since last visit

4 posters

Go down

See posts since last visit Empty See posts since last visit

Post  cichlid-gal 2013-12-11, 09:39

Just an FYI...I've been noticing for some time that often I miss posts. I use the "click here to see posts since your last visit". Not sure what it tracks exactly but apparently I have missed a "ton" of posts. I'm doing some review now and find lots of threads I haven't even seen.

From now on...I'll just peruse the individual categories in the forum and hopefully will not miss so many threads.

Anyway...just sharing.
cichlid-gal
cichlid-gal
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

See posts since last visit Empty Re: See posts since last visit

Post  Betty 2013-12-11, 12:06

Hmm, weird.  I've always used the "View posts since last visit" link (on the right side of the forum page) and it always shows the new posts since the last time I was logged in.  I only miss posts if I leave before I've had a chance to look at them all.
Betty
Betty
Contributing Member

Back to top Go down

Post  MRTom 2013-12-11, 12:33

I found that it tracks every click you make on the site for your "last visit". So if you do this:
1. Click the "posts since last visit" link
2. Click on 1 page and read it
3. Someone else posts new post A
4. Click on another page and read it <- This is now your last visit
5. Someone else posts new post B
6. Go away
7. Come back a few hours later and click the posts since last visit link
-> You will only get post B, since post A was before your last visit.

To get around this, I always click the "posts since last visit" link before going away (step 6). The site will hold your previous results for a few minutes.

... If you ever wondered what I get to do for a living, I write and debate lists like the one above... every day... too many times a day. Smile
MRTom
MRTom
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Chiisai 2013-12-11, 14:17

If you just click the "Portal" button it lists the forums most recently updated by timestamp. If you are like me and check in 2-3 times a day you just have to remember the approx time you last visited.
Chiisai
Chiisai

Back to top Go down

Post  cichlid-gal 2013-12-11, 16:18

Well I think I figured out what "my" problem is...I am on a couple of times a day. I use my inbox to see replies to posts I have been a part of...I bounce in and out of those replies. I bet I lose the threads after I read the first reply post and when I finally get to reading the new posts or looking at "posts since last visit" the posts are minimal as I probably just visited it a couple of minutes ago to check a thread...YIKES...hmmm...oh well...like I said, I'll just check the individual forum categories...that will work better
cichlid-gal
cichlid-gal
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down