lloyd378
KaraWolf
MRTom
7 posters

Go down

About the recent forum changes Empty About the recent forum changes

Post  MRTom 2013-11-02, 13:01

Hello Fishbox

As you may have noticed, there have been several changes recently on the forum. The moderators have been discussing these with the aim of making everyone's fishbox experience the best experience possible. With that in mind, here are some of the recent changes we are making.

A new gallery section
A new gallery section has been created for you to post your favorite pictures to share with the community. Please follow all the guidelines for content on the site as posted in our rules. Also bear with us as we work out any kinks or issues that come up.

Post voting and Rankings
Ever feel like saying "me too" or "what a great post?" Well now you can do a favor to the original poster by upvoting their post, improving their reputation! Just look for the + sign on the right corner of their comment and you will have given that vote. Or if you find a particular post offensive, off topic, or just plan unacceptable, you can also downvote it. This does not replace contacting your mods to handle complicated situations, but it will help send a message as well. Again this feature has just been enabled, please bear with us as we work through issues and see how it works out in the community.

Potty language/abuse
Our goal for fishbox is to be a welcoming community for fish lovers of all ages. We've had concerns and complaints from some members about the language used by a few folks. While we understand sometimes there are misunderstandings and slip ups, we don't want repeated behavior to ruin the fishbox experience for other members. In order to help with this, we've enabled word filtering to block or replace certain words. This will help avoid some situations. However there is no silver bullet. If you spot behavior or language that is not acceptable, please contact a mod so we can come to the topic and moderate the situation.

We hope these changes and other changes in the works will improve your experience on the site. If you have any questions or suggestions please bring them to us at any time.

Sincerely,
The Fishbox mods!
MRTom
MRTom
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

About the recent forum changes Empty Re: About the recent forum changes

Post  KaraWolf 2013-11-02, 15:10

really digging the fact that the portal-most recent threads are now also on the sides of the page!!
KaraWolf
KaraWolf
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  lloyd378 2013-11-02, 18:02

I was really enjoying some of the changes that took place right after the ownership switched hands. Lately, the last month, I have found the box to be almost "cliquey" in topics and changes I have seen. If fact, it has led me to join two additional forums where I have been spending most of my time..... I realize that this isn't the time or the place(topic/ post) for a lifetime member to vent.... So I will politely check in from time to time to see how it's going on here. But I will be spending my time and energy participating elsewhere. beerchug 
lloyd378
lloyd378

Back to top Go down

Post  BallardFishGuy 2013-11-02, 19:34

Are there other fish forums for WA state? scratch 

It's funny, I didn't really go on here much until I found out it was under new ownership and the changes I thought were for the better, and still are... so i'm on here more often...I guess to each their own. beerchug 
BallardFishGuy
BallardFishGuy

Back to top Go down

Post  fishNAbowl 2013-11-02, 21:11

I am liking the "latest topic" column on the right. Whomever thought of that. Thumbs up!!

Last edited by fishNAbowl on 2013-11-03, 12:07; edited 1 time in total
fishNAbowl
fishNAbowl
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  BillHN 2013-11-03, 01:21

That new rep system! Surprised
BillHN
BillHN
Lifetime Member

https://www.facebook.com/billhn

Back to top Go down

Post  fishNAbowl 2013-11-03, 22:39

BillHN wrote:That new rep system! Surprised
I may have to make multi profiles so I can boost up my rep. Which brings up a valid point. Can a setting be set so no one can participate in the REP voting until they become a month old, or perhaps have like 50 posts under their belt?
fishNAbowl
fishNAbowl
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Aquarium Co-Op 2013-11-03, 22:53

Yes, we can enable that. Rep does nothing though besides it being a number. Max 3 votes per day. Currently there isn't a restriction on how old of a member you need to be to give rep. However, if it becomes a problem with people giving themselves rep for whatever reason, we'll just be forced to give people a week long time out etc. I can also just go in and give some -100 rep if I want etc.
Aquarium Co-Op
Aquarium Co-Op
Forum Sponsor

http://www.aquariumcoop.com

Back to top Go down

Post  fishNAbowl 2013-11-04, 02:15

Aquarium Co-Op wrote:Yes, we can enable that. Rep does nothing though besides it being a number. Max 3 votes per day. Currently there isn't a restriction on how old of a member you need to be to give rep. However, if it becomes a problem with people giving themselves rep for whatever reason, we'll just be forced to give people a week long time out etc. I can also just go in and give some -100 rep if I want etc.
This is actually pretty neat Cory. It reminds me of Yahoo Answers, where the poster person can pick a  best answer. This was regulated & operated with a point system. Eventually ppl could work up to be "top contributers" which was post marked under someone's avitar. if a certain time went by and you where absent from Yahoo Answers the top contributer title went away. Also, there within that point system you could see who had the most points from #1 down to however many ppl was on the forum. Kind of like Xbox 360 online where you can go in and see where your rated on a particular video game.
fishNAbowl
fishNAbowl
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down