LuminousAphid
lloyd378
fishNAbowl
Nick_87
hobbyorobsession
25 posters

Page 2 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

::Plant it forward :: a RAOK like post - Page 2 Empty Re: ::Plant it forward :: a RAOK like post

Post  Anthony J. 2013-10-13, 04:00

Oh man, I forgot to give you some hornwort... my fault, its 1 am, but I can swing by if you want. Smile
Anthony J.
Anthony J.
FishBox Member

Back to top Go down

::Plant it forward :: a RAOK like post - Page 2 Empty Re: ::Plant it forward :: a RAOK like post

Post  Anthraxx 2013-10-13, 19:36

lol all good anthony.. i was in bed already by then, pretty irked tho now... apparently my plug for one of my led lights.. decided its not going to keep my lights as bright as they need to be. its like the LED fixture is running at 30% power.. originally thought my light was junk but apparently its just the cord (i have two and simply swapped plugs over and bam back to full brightness) anyone ever have such an issue arrise? i know this isnt the place for it but im gonna toss that out since most of u plant guys know your lighting.
Anthraxx
Anthraxx
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Anthraxx 2013-10-17, 00:53

apparently my camera isnt working to well atm. gotta wait till i can borrow one (hopefully tomorrow) so until then ill just have to describe the options.
Available for pick up only: 1 lace rock piece w/ multiple attached java ferns (varying species) w/ 1 log (manzanita). Also could throw in a few shells or airline tubing or an air pump (tetra whisper 40)
Available for shipping: Loss java fern, two kinds of long leaf and 1 standard variety. 1 crypt wenditty (the red ones), some glosso and maybe a log or some other stuff i have lying around.

Sorry for no pics but please feel free to PM a number and id be happy to text some.
Anthraxx
Anthraxx
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  fishNAbowl 2013-10-17, 09:03

Anthraxx wrote:apparently my camera isnt working to well atm. gotta wait till i can borrow one (hopefully tomorrow) so until then ill just have to describe the options.
Available for pick up only: 1 lace rock piece w/ multiple attached java ferns (varying species) w/ 1 log (manzanita). Also could throw in a few shells or airline tubing or an air pump (tetra whisper 40)
Available for shipping: Loss java fern, two kinds of long leaf and 1 standard variety. 1 crypt wenditty (the red ones), some glosso and maybe a log or some other stuff i have lying around.

Sorry for no pics but please feel free to PM a number and id be happy to text some.
Cool Anthraxx, let me get this straight. The choices available are;

FOR P/U ONLY; 1 lace rock with multi species of Java fern attached along with a LOG.

Choice #2 for SHIPPING; Java fern combo; 2 types of long leaf & 1 piece of standard Java ( Microsorum pteropus ), along with CRYPTOCORYNE WENDTII 'RED' & some Glosso (Glossostigma elatinoides).
fishNAbowl
fishNAbowl
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Anthraxx 2013-10-17, 11:15

yes thanks, my bad for not clearing that up Smile
Anthraxx
Anthraxx
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  BillHN 2013-10-17, 13:30

PMED
BillHN
BillHN
Lifetime Member

https://www.facebook.com/billhn

Back to top Go down

Post  Anthraxx 2013-10-17, 16:07

PM received and claimed.
Anthraxx
Anthraxx
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  BillHN 2013-10-20, 19:45

Plants Received

Kay Guys and Gals.
Plant list. (I also keep these in co2, and they have rammshorn / pond snails with them).
Plants coming from the youtube videos listed here:

PU ONLY: 

• 4x Bunch Mystery Plants (my choice don't worry, they're nice!) 
  •  Subwassertang
  • 1x1" of HC.
  • 3x3" of Hairgrass
  • Plethora of Floating Plants (water salvinia, water lettuce, asian water moss, (Possibly Red Root floater), etc.
  • fissidens fontanus (tiny portion *sorry these are hard to grow hahaha*)
  • (Pretty much worth it if you can pick it up, I make it worth your while if you save me the hassle LOL).
  • Water Wisteria (I hope I spelled that right)

Shipping Only: 

• 2x Mystery Plants (My Choice)
  • 2x2" of Hairgrass
  • lindernia rotundifolia (Large Portio)
  • Plethora of Floating Plants (water salvinia, water lettuce, asian water moss, (Possibly Red Root floater), etc.

Last edited by BillHN on 2013-10-20, 20:29; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added more plants, and added a warning.)
BillHN
BillHN
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  anderson_p_r 2013-10-21, 16:11

Mine. Suckaz. We'll meet up soon and I'll compile some trimmings and what not to ship out.
anderson_p_r
anderson_p_r

Back to top Go down

Post  BillHN 2013-10-21, 19:47

Here's what pat's getting.
Local Pickup

• 4x Bunch Mystery Plants (my choice don't worry, they're nice!) So it's. Marsilea CRENATA, Marsilea MINUTA, Bolbitis, and Lace Java Fern (sup)
  •  Subwassertang
  • 1x1" of HC.
  • 3x3" of Hairgrass
  • (Pretty much worth it if you can pick it up, I make it worth your while if you save me the hassle LOL).

I thought someone would jump on this really fast.... XD I mean... 1x1 HC Patch >_> And some Dwarf Hairgrass Neutral
BillHN
BillHN
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  fishNAbowl 2013-10-21, 21:23

BillHN wrote:Here's what pat's getting.
Local Pickup

• 4x Bunch Mystery Plants (my choice don't worry, they're nice!) So it's. Marsilea CRENATA, Marsilea MINUTA, Bolbitis, and Lace Java Fern (sup)

•  Subwassertang

• 1x1" of HC.

• 3x3" of Hairgrass

I thought someone would jump on this really fast.... XD I mean... 1x1 HC Patch >_> And some Dwarf Hairgrass Neutral
I almost jumped on this one. Got some spendy plants in this bunch!
fishNAbowl
fishNAbowl
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  anderson_p_r 2013-10-22, 20:44

As teaser as to what I will be offering, I'll say my densely planted 10g is over due for a good thinning, this should be an healthy offering. Smile I should have details and pics this weekend.
anderson_p_r
anderson_p_r

Back to top Go down

Post  hyp3rcrav3 2013-10-22, 20:54

I have just started watching this list (with this post). What gives? How does it work?

hyp3rcrav3

Back to top Go down

Post  hyp3rcrav3 2013-10-22, 20:56

I see how it works. I'm gonna lurk a while until I get a sense of rythym.

hyp3rcrav3

Back to top Go down

Post  fishNAbowl 2013-10-22, 21:20

hyp3rcrav3 wrote:I see how it works. I'm gonna lurk a while until I get a sense of rythym.
It's explained in the thread about shipping and stuff. Someone will offer plants, anyone can accept the plants, then whomever excepts must Pay it Forward by offering free plants & free shipping. I hope you jump in bounce
fishNAbowl
fishNAbowl
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  hyp3rcrav3 2013-10-22, 21:26

I have used up a lot of what I would trade lately in order to acquire some fish. Monosolenium, Crypt. wendtii 'Bronze', and Java fern are what I usually can trade. I have Willow Moss (looks like Java but grows slower and is darker) and Java Moss (just dumped a cup full) too but most folks, except shrimp folks, don't want it. I have to wait a little while for plants to grow back. However, I am watching this now.

hyp3rcrav3

Back to top Go down

Post  fishNAbowl 2013-10-22, 21:30

hyp3rcrav3 wrote:I have used up a lot of what I would trade lately in order to acquire some fish. Monosolenium, Crypt. wendtii 'Bronze', and Java fern are what I usually can trade. I have Willow Moss (looks like Java but grows slower and is darker) and Java Moss (just dumped a cup full) too but most folks, except shrimp folks, don't want it. I have to wait a little while for plants to grow back. However, I am watching this now.
I am in the same boat, I have ferns that have holes in them from trading...lol! But got some good stuff, and thinning things out promotes healthy growth.
fishNAbowl
fishNAbowl
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  hyp3rcrav3 2013-10-22, 21:40

Billhn I don't know what hc stands for.

hyp3rcrav3

Back to top Go down

Post  anderson_p_r 2013-10-22, 21:51

Dwarf Baby Tears (Hemianthus callitrichoides)

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
anderson_p_r
anderson_p_r

Back to top Go down

Post  hyp3rcrav3 2013-10-22, 22:13

Ah! Nice.

hyp3rcrav3

Back to top Go down

Post  anderson_p_r 2013-10-26, 19:10

OK, I did some good trimming today and have a healthy offer.  I'm not great with all the names so here are some photos.  Also included but not photographed are some java fern and a tiny bit of java moss.  These are obviously no longer in the tank but they are in tank water.  Claim quick so I can ship quick.  Or, come pick them up.  PM ASAP.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

My experience with the lilly things has been that they will root as trimmings, but it takes a good while.  Everything else I tried to make sure has some roots on it if I could. Also, we have been told the cabomba is "Purple Cabomba" and supposedly legal in WA which is why it's on here and still for sale at the retailer I acquired it from.
anderson_p_r
anderson_p_r

Back to top Go down

Post  anderson_p_r 2013-10-29, 12:54

No takers? I'll be heading to Edmonds next weekend, I could meet someone along the way if they want them.
anderson_p_r
anderson_p_r

Back to top Go down

Post  hyp3rcrav3 2013-10-29, 22:59

I would take them but I don't have much to plant forward. Just some small Cryptcocoryme wendtii "Bronze", some beat up Java Fern (pleco munchies but it is a large leave plant [up to 15 inches]), and some Monosolenium tenerum (is a liverwort like Subwassertang). I also have some Willow Moss (like Java but grows slower and is a lttle darker).

I'm in North Seattle. Which day this weekend?
Or PM me for a ship.

hyp3rcrav3

Back to top Go down

Post  hyp3rcrav3 2013-10-29, 23:04

Needless to say, I don't need the Java fern or Java moss

hyp3rcrav3

Back to top Go down

Post  PokeSephiroth 2013-10-29, 23:35

Whoa, is that you Tim? Hahaha its me, Angelo on Facebook. Small world. I didn't realize it was you on here. Hahahaha nice.
PokeSephiroth
PokeSephiroth
Deputy Derp

https://www.facebook.com/kitsapflowarts

Back to top Go down

Post  hyp3rcrav3 2013-10-30, 01:40

It's Tom but yes it's me. I didn't realize it was You either.

hyp3rcrav3

Back to top Go down

Post  PokeSephiroth 2013-10-30, 02:00

Ugh, sorry.. it was my phone that autocorrected "Tom" to "Tim" stupid autocorrect.
PokeSephiroth
PokeSephiroth
Deputy Derp

Back to top Go down

Post  hyp3rcrav3 2013-10-30, 02:10

Phones are funny that way. I have the idiot cousin of the Blackberry. It can't load most websites anymore because it doesn't have enough memory. I need to enter the two-thousand teens.

hyp3rcrav3

Back to top Go down

Post  anderson_p_r 2013-10-30, 16:04

It's away! This is a pretty sweet deal for anyone who wants to get into plants on the cheap. Jump in if you've been considering giving it a go! I'm sure Tom will have some fun stuff for the next lucky contestant.
anderson_p_r
anderson_p_r

Back to top Go down

Post  hyp3rcrav3 2013-11-06, 18:54

I don't have much but I got such a good selection from anderson_p_r I had to repost and amend what I can send to the next person. They are below;

1 java fern,
1 or 2 small java fern starts of the giant, 15+ inch leaf plant,
a dollop of Monosolenium tenerum (A liverwort like Subwassertang but slightly smaller and 'leaves' aren't as round.),
some mixed Willow Moss and Java Moss (Willow Moss is darker and grows slower than java moss but it is hard to tell them apart anymore.),
some small starts with good rhizomes of Cryptocoryme Wendti 'Bronze',
a sprig of Wisteria (Hygrophila difformis),
a sprig or two of Elodea,
a sprig of guppy grass (Najas guadalupensis) ,
a sprig of Bacopa caroliniana,
and some floaty things if you want them.

These are mostly basically starter plants but are doing a fine job as nitrogen sinks.

Last edited by hyp3rcrav3 on 2013-11-06, 20:31; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Added plant)

hyp3rcrav3

Back to top Go down

Post  PokeSephiroth 2013-11-14, 03:11

Bump: Current offer is still being held by hyp3rcrav3.
PokeSephiroth
PokeSephiroth
Deputy Derp

Back to top Go down

Post  fishNAbowl 2013-11-14, 09:10

hyp3rcrav3 wrote:

java fern
Monosolenium tenerum
Willow Moss
Java Moss
Cryptocoryme Wendti 'Bronze'
Wisteria (Hygrophila difformis),
Elodea
guppy grass (Najas guadalupensis)
Bacopa caroliniana
Nice list of starts. I believe I have the Crypt on this list. Not completely sure of the species but it is bronze in color and getting pretty big & looking coOOol!
fishNAbowl
fishNAbowl
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 2013-12-13, 19:39

What happened to this

Back to top Go down

Post  fishNAbowl 2013-12-13, 20:50

BUMP ! No one must have been interested in the last offer. Then, the thread went dormant. Are you interested in picking it back up SirEsDragon?

Last edited by fishNAbowl on 2013-12-13, 21:56; edited 2 times in total
fishNAbowl
fishNAbowl
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  hobbyorobsession 2013-12-13, 21:00

If SirEsDragon isn't interested in picking it up, I can offer some plants.
hobbyorobsession
hobbyorobsession
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  fishNAbowl 2013-12-13, 21:55

hobbyorobsession wrote:If SirEsDragon isn't interested in picking it up, I can offer some plants.

Lol, all thumbs on my mobile tonight! SIRWESDRAGON Wink
fishNAbowl
fishNAbowl
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 2013-12-13, 23:55

I was just curious what happened.

Back to top Go down

Post  hello12590 2013-12-13, 23:57

would you be able to meet up with someone to trade instead (save money and get to know new people)
hello12590
hello12590
FishBox Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  fishNAbowl 2013-12-14, 00:43

hello12590 wrote:would you be able to meet up with someone to trade instead (save money and get to know new people)

Ppl have been sending packages and meeting up for the exchange. I do not think whomever is Paying it Forward should "expect" for the recipient to meet up.
fishNAbowl
fishNAbowl
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  hobbyorobsession 2013-12-14, 00:58

Alright I will carry this on

I have available (enough to fill a small flat rate box a mixture of the following)

red root floaters
hydrocotyle verticillata
anubias sp barteri something ( its not dwarf/nana/ or petite )
nesaea triflora
ludwigia red
ludwigia rubra
marsilia minuta

maybe some other random

Ignore the spelling I am tired..

I can potentially meet someone at aquarium co-op's plant exchange, but I would prefer to just mail them out as it's much faster for me to do so.

If you accept this offer you must be willing to mail your offering out.
hobbyorobsession
hobbyorobsession
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  hyp3rcrav3 2013-12-14, 01:26

I know my offer isn't much. The Bronze Crypts are growing out nicely. The portion of Monosolenium is generous. The rest of the starts are fine and dandy, just waiting to be cut. Here is the offer below;

Java fern
Monosolenium tenerum (Liverwort like Subwassertang)
Willow Moss
Java Moss (These 2 mosses are mixed up and hard to tell apart. Willow moss is darker and grows slower.)
Cryptocoryme Wendti 'Bronze'
Wisteria (Hygrophila difformis),
Elodea
Guppy Grass (Najas guadalupensis)
Bacopa caroliniana

The offer stands.

I am interested in trades with hobbyorobsession if he/she wishes. Edmonds isn't too far from me in North Seattle. I like the ludwigia red, the hydrocoytle, or any of them but the marselia which I already have.

If I did mail it would be First Class. I would mail it inside the Postal building so the plants never get cold. In our localized region, priority mail isn't any faster than first class. Things are ususally there the next day. I've made a note from past experience.

hyp3rcrav3

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 2013-12-14, 02:41

hobbyorobsession wrote:Alright I will carry this on

I have available (enough to fill a small flat rate box a mixture of the following)

red root floaters
hydrocotyle verticillata
anubias sp  barteri  something ( its not dwarf/nana/ or petite )
nesaea triflora
ludwigia red
ludwigia rubra
marsilia minuta

maybe some other random

Ignore the spelling I am tired..

I can potentially meet someone at aquarium co-op's plant exchange, but I would prefer to just mail them out as it's much faster for me to do so.

If you accept this offer you must be willing to mail your offering out.

Since you offered something I dont have ill take it.

Back to top Go down

Post  hobbyorobsession 2013-12-14, 11:24

Normally this works were there is one recipient but I have enough for both of you. please PM me your address or that you'd like to meet up aquarium coop during the plants Swap. Hyp3rcrav3 has the current offer up now
hobbyorobsession
hobbyorobsession
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  fishNAbowl 2013-12-14, 11:42

I am confused...  scratch 
fishNAbowl
fishNAbowl
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 2013-12-14, 12:46

I was going for hobbyorobsession's offer cause I dont have those plants but hyp3rcrav3's offer I have those plants. Who's going to offer? Hobbyorobsession or hyp3rcrav3?

Back to top Go down

Post  hyp3rcrav3 2013-12-14, 15:31

Hobby is going to offer and I am going to offer. You can take hobby's and I'll trade with hobby if he wants. Is that more concise? My offer will still stand.

hyp3rcrav3

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 2013-12-14, 18:18

Ok. That sounds good. Then I will offer some plants to the next person. Just got to look up scientific names of plants I got to offer. Hobbyorobsession is that okay?

Back to top Go down

Post  hobbyorobsession 2013-12-14, 18:27

Maybe it's a good time to revisit how I intended this to work.

My intention with this thread was to share the hobby freely with others. I sell plants and trade plants frequently. But between those times, I have a lot of cuttings that I compost. I thought, it would be nice to just share them with anyone who is willing to do the same. I feel that giving plants away at our cost helps : to expand the amount and number of things being grown locally, gets people talking about plants, and gives another person the opportunity to enjoy a plant that could be new to them, or help them try something different at no cost to them. I feel that the experience of growing a new plant is the best way to learn about it.

I think the confusion arose when two people are offering something at the same time.

Below are the tentative rules to "plant it forward" from it's first post.

hobbyorobsession wrote:Similar to RAOK (random act of kindness) you may find on other forums.

rules of :: Plant if forward.

A member must post what plants they have to (Plant It Forward) for another member.  

Another member must accept those plants as is and offer plants up for another member.

:example:  I (Daniel) would offer up a portion of baby tears. shipping to be paid by me to anywhere in Washington.  

Another member (Bill) says hey I will take those plants ( sends me a private message and exchanges shipping info)    I send out the plants at my cost.

(Bill) then posts I have a portion of java fern available.

Member (Jim) post I would like some your java fern..(he contacts Bill), Bill sends plants..

Jim is then obligated to post plants he is willing to send to another member at his cost.

fairly simple in format.

Please do not jump posts and offer plants until someone accepts the last item offered.

Accept plants as is and don't ask to modify the offer publicly. Portion size is determined by the person offering plants, and quality is at their discretion. But do your best to send out plants in a condition you would like to receive them in.

Don't post your shipping address to the main forum.

If plants are offered for an extended period of time with out being claimed we may adjust the offering as we see fit.

I'll offer ludwigia repens and some red root floaters to start this off.

Anyone who wants this portion of plants must post that they claim my plant, and message me with their address, Then subsequently offer up plants to the next person.

I offered a new list of plants, because the last one was not claimed in a while.
But Before anyone claimed my offer, there was a second offering of plants hence the confusion. It's in the right spirit, but just makes it confusing who then is to continue forward with this game.

I will happy send out a portion of the plants i listed to both of you, at my cost.

SiRWesDragon your offering to take them and continue on solves our issue. please send my your address via pm and i will send them out and you will be the next person offering plants.

hyp3rcrav3 I'd be happy to give you any of the plants I listed, But I am not looking for a trade at this time. Just pm me your address and I will mail them to you.
hobbyorobsession
hobbyorobsession
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  hello12590 2013-12-14, 21:58

I wasn't expecting them too but if you see where the other lives if there are close together just thought it would be nicer for other members to meet.
hello12590
hello12590
FishBox Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  fishNAbowl 2013-12-14, 22:06

hello12590 wrote:I wasn't expecting them too but if you see where the other lives if there are close together just thought it would be nicer for other members to meet.
 I agree 

Few of us have done it Very Happy
fishNAbowl
fishNAbowl
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next