LuminousAphid
lloyd378
fishNAbowl
Nick_87
hobbyorobsession
25 posters

Page 6 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

::Plant it forward :: a RAOK like post - Page 6 Empty Re: ::Plant it forward :: a RAOK like post

Post  Guest 2014-03-13, 17:32

Plus One

@Chad and Hyp3rcrav3 will send the plants out tomorrow.
Chad got 2 flat golf ball size and 2 brazilian Pennyworts for ya. The other plants you have already (some came from you btw), I gave to Denizaari.
@Hyp3rcrav3 got a little pingball size for ya from shrimp tank.

Back to top Go down

::Plant it forward :: a RAOK like post - Page 6 Empty Re: ::Plant it forward :: a RAOK like post

Post  hyp3rcrav3 2014-03-13, 20:57

Sir Wes is the best! Who is next to plant it forward now?

hyp3rcrav3

Back to top Go down

Post  fishNAbowl 2014-03-14, 00:09

hyp3rcrav3 wrote: Who is next to plant it forward now?
Ill post a plant list tomorrow or Saturday.
fishNAbowl
fishNAbowl
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 2014-03-14, 22:16

Guys plants on their way.

Back to top Go down

Post  fishNAbowl 2014-03-15, 14:59

SiRWesDragon wrote:Guys plants on their way.

Very Happy - Thanks Wes, still waiting for my nEw plants. I would like to kick the next round off.
Going to clip my Pogostemon Stellatus 'broadleaf' for the 1st time. It's the middle stem in the picture.
I offer this to anyone interested. It will be a stem around 8" long, one big starter at the top, and 2-3 other side shoots. It has roOts growing out  the side off the main stem. With good substrate, and medium to strong light and perhaps a root tab it should take right off. It could also be split into 3 separate plants.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I could also stuff one more of these plants in the bOx with the Pogostemon Stellatus, or if you want instead of the Pogostemon Stellatus choose starts off this list.

Star Grass
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Ludwigia Repens X Arcuata
Rotala 'Indica' Rotundifolia and Pogostemon Stellatus 'Octopus'
Baby Tiger Lotus
fishNAbowl
fishNAbowl
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 2014-03-15, 18:24

Awesome plants.

Back to top Go down

Post  Missgrumpygills 2014-03-15, 20:55

Ooo  bounce maybe...
Missgrumpygills
Missgrumpygills
FishBox Member

Back to top Go down

Post  fishNAbowl 2014-03-15, 21:26

SiRWesDragon wrote:Awesome plants.
Just received my package Wes. Thank you! You where very generous with the moss, I appreciate that. Tonight I am going to remove a large lace plant from my 140, replant some Ludwigia X, and the Penny wort will go in the front corner where I hope it grows to the top of the tank.

Missgrumpygills wrote:Ooo  bounce maybe...
 Rolling Eyes - " M a y b e ..." ?

Last edited by fishNAbowl on 2014-03-16, 01:01; edited 1 time in total
fishNAbowl
fishNAbowl
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  MorganEA 2014-03-15, 21:32

I want your Rotala!!
MorganEA
MorganEA
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  fishNAbowl 2014-03-16, 01:00

Current offer;

fishNAbowl wrote:
Going to clip my Pogostemon Stellatus 'broadleaf' for the 1st time. It's the middle stem in the picture.
I offer this to anyone interested. It will be a stem around 8" long, one big starter at the top, and 2-3 other side shoots. It has roOts growing out  the side off the main stem. With good substrate, and medium to strong light and perhaps a root tab it should take right off. It could also be split into 3 separate plants.

I could also stuff one more of these plants in the bOx with the Pogostemon Stellatus, or if you want instead of the Pogostemon Stellatus choose starts off this list.

Star Grass
Baby Tiger Lotus
fishNAbowl
fishNAbowl
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 2014-03-16, 01:19

fishNAbowl wrote:Just received my package Wes. Thank you! You where very generous with the moss, I appreciate that.

I tried my best to give you as much as I can since my other plants you got already or came from you. Had to trim the willow tree flat top. She'll grow again.

Last edited by SiRWesDragon on 2014-03-16, 11:20; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 2014-03-16, 01:20

Current offer
fishNAbowl wrote:

Star Grass
Baby Tiger Lotus
[/quote]

Back to top Go down

Post  hyp3rcrav3 2014-03-16, 03:44

I would be happy with a 2 or 3 inch side clip of the broadleaf if no one else wants to claim the whole kit 'n kaboodle. I have the rotala you sent previously me in 4 different tanks.

Wes was generous with moss to me as well. I'm sending him Monosolenium in return. It will finally be under control again.

hyp3rcrav3

Back to top Go down

Post  fishNAbowl 2014-03-16, 10:25

You got it hyp3rcrav3, I will PM you to see if we can do a meet up today @ my favorite LFS, or get shipping information Smile
fishNAbowl
fishNAbowl
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  hyp3rcrav3 2014-03-17, 00:15

I'm not sure but I think that puts me at the top of the list. Is this true?

hyp3rcrav3

Back to top Go down

Post  fishNAbowl 2014-03-17, 00:22

hyp3rcrav3 wrote:I'm not sure but I think that puts me at the top of the list. Is this true?

Yes, you are next to Plant it Forward. I will be shipping 5 stems of the Pogostemon Stellatus 'broadleaf' to you tomorrow Smile
fishNAbowl
fishNAbowl
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  hyp3rcrav3 2014-03-17, 03:13

Coolness. Let me come up with a list of offerings. I have to look to see what needs trimming besides the usual. I'll try to put something nice in it but it seems most of us participating have already traded with each other... We need some fresh blood!

hyp3rcrav3

Back to top Go down

Post  hyp3rcrav3 2014-03-18, 19:58

It has been a slightly crazy couple of days. My girlfriend is getting on a plane tonight. I'll figure it out tomorrow and let everyone know.

hyp3rcrav3

Back to top Go down

Post  themaryone 2014-03-20, 16:27

A lot of the plants at Pet Smart are not true aquatic plants! Do your research before purchase I can't tell you how many times I have heard I bought this beautiful plant from pet smart and it died. If its not a true aquatic it will rot and die

themaryone
Fry

Back to top Go down

Post  MRTom 2014-03-20, 16:57

LOL, took me a while to figure out why themaryone commented about petsmart... looks like waaay back on page 1 we were talking about petsmart plants. Smile
MRTom
MRTom
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 2014-03-20, 19:13

lol! I was wondering why also.

Back to top Go down

Post  hyp3rcrav3 2014-03-20, 21:02

There was another conversation thread talking about the ills of the big box stores. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] must have had 2 windows open.

hyp3rcrav3

Back to top Go down

Post  hyp3rcrav3 2014-03-20, 21:03

Here is my 'Plant it Forward' offering;

Pogostemon stellatus 'Narrow Leaf' (couple of sprigs),

Najas guadalupensis 'Guppy Grass',

Hygrophila polysperma (3 or 4 sprigs),

1 very small Windelov Java fern,

Fissidens fontanus (Which I recently learned is also called Phoenix Moss. I had never seen or heard that before.)

I don't have much in the way of Fissidens but what I'm going to do is grab a few strands and tie them into a little bunch with cotton thread. That should be enough to start a colony if you don't have it. It's more or less how I got it. The few strands I received were pulled into one of those hollow ceramic bio filter medium things to weigh it down. I took it out and slid it up a 'splinter' on a log and it likes it there. In a year, I should have plenty.

hyp3rcrav3

Back to top Go down

Post  hyp3rcrav3 2014-03-25, 01:52

Everybody have all of that already?

hyp3rcrav3

Back to top Go down

Post  fishNAbowl 2014-03-25, 08:24

whistle 
fishNAbowl
fishNAbowl
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  fishNAbowl 2014-03-25, 20:41

3 of the plants on your list are rarer type, and expensive.

affraid.oO PLANTS FOR FREE!
fishNAbowl
fishNAbowl
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  hyp3rcrav3 2014-03-25, 21:12

I was hoping that new person a couple of pages back would go for it.

hyp3rcrav3

Back to top Go down

Post  hyp3rcrav3 2014-03-28, 21:33

I guess no one wants it. Here is a last resort bump.

Fissidens fontanus (Which I recently learned is also called Phoenix Moss. I had never seen or heard that before.)

hyp3rcrav3

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 2014-03-28, 21:40

hyp3rcrav3 wrote:I guess no one wants it. Here is a last resort bump.

Got pictures?

Back to top Go down

Post  hyp3rcrav3 2014-03-28, 21:54

I'll send links to what they are. You can trust I won't send sick plants.

I've been mislabeling This isn't 'Narrow leaf' but 'Octopus'

Guppy Grass [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Hygro [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Windelov Java [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Fissedens fontanus [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

These are not pictures of the plants in my tanks. I won't steer people wrong.

hyp3rcrav3

Back to top Go down

Post  hobbyorobsession 2014-03-29, 23:47

I'll take the pogostemon, and fissedens.
hobbyorobsession
hobbyorobsession
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  hyp3rcrav3 2014-03-30, 22:25

Well I guess I'll have to dump the hygro. It is growing too well.

Fissidens is in a tank that is difficult to reach. As I said it isn't a huge amount. Same with the pogostemon, just a couple of sprigs. I'll probably have it in the mail by Tuesday.

hyp3rcrav3

Back to top Go down

Post  hobbyorobsession 2014-03-30, 23:35

I'm not concerned with portion size at all, don't devastate your original portion. I can attempt magic with single stem.
hobbyorobsession
hobbyorobsession
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  hobbyorobsession 2014-04-04, 18:52

I just got the plants today from hyp3rcrav3, they look great and arrived in good condition. Thank you.

hobbyorobsession
hobbyorobsession
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  hobbyorobsession 2014-04-04, 19:21

I would like to take a moment to say thank you to everyone who has participated in ::plant it forward::. You make this work! From my original post, I was skeptical that the idea wouldn't take off. But the forum has embraced the idea of giving someone else the opportunity to try a new plant from someone else's generosity. If you haven't participated yet and would like to, I encourage you to take part. The cost is minimal and the quantity and quality of your offered plants isn't really important, just that your trying something new and giving someone else the same opportunity.

i have the following plants available pick from the list as you see fit.
limnophilia sp wavy, red root floater, mini rose moss ( looks like java moss to me) nymphoides sp Taiwan, marsilia minuta, lobelia cardinalis, one stem ludwigia glandulosa. java fern.
hobbyorobsession
hobbyorobsession
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  fishNAbowl 2014-04-05, 00:48

whistle 
fishNAbowl
fishNAbowl
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  cichlid-gal 2014-04-05, 07:37

I would like to participate and take the following:

limnophilia sp wavy, marsilia minuta, lobelia cardinalis, one stem ludwigia glandulosa. java fern

BUT the tank I would be sharing from (my planted tank) has some Cladophora algae so I wanted to make sure to share that before taking the plant offer if it is a problem to share from my tank making it so I cannot share forward I will pass to someone without something that can be nuisance in their tank (the algae doesn't bother me as it stays mainly on some rock I have but on occasion I do have some of it on the substrate in the more clumpy plants)

Let me know
cichlid-gal
cichlid-gal
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 2014-04-05, 10:38

Cladophora isn't that what marimo ball made of? Cause Google is showing pictures of them when I search "Cladophora". 

Back to top Go down

Post  cichlid-gal 2014-04-05, 10:53

Yes it is but I have been told what I have is considered a nuicsance algae...just wanted to make sure that it was OK to share given I have this. I'm new to planted stuff so don't want to not disclose something that could be a problem for someone.
cichlid-gal
cichlid-gal
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 2014-04-05, 11:07

Its easy to kill when receiver gets the plants with hydrogen peroxide solution before planting. It easier to get rid of faster than black hair algae.

Back to top Go down

Post  cichlid-gal 2014-04-05, 12:27

ok..sending PM for plants Smile
cichlid-gal
cichlid-gal
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  hobbyorobsession 2014-04-05, 16:19

You can make an awesome carpet in your tanks out of those moss ball. Cichlid-gal (Donna) has claimed my package.
hobbyorobsession
hobbyorobsession
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  cichlid-gal 2014-04-07, 17:07

OK...here is my offering as I understand my package is on it's way.  Beginning plants mostly and my tanks have some snails...just FYI.  And if I have misidentified something please let me know...as I'm still learning.

Hygro Temple Narrow leaf (Hygrophila corymbosa) Nice stem of  this from the below plants...my plants show pretty pink coloration with the new leaves but that seems to fade as they age

Rotala rotundifolia (maybe) Long stem (5-6 inches) ..again, my plants show some nice color at the tips.  This plant is in a lower lighted tank so not so much color
this is in the higher light tank

Echinodorus Angustifolia Vesuvius - this one is fading in my tank.  It was doing better in my true planted tank but I relocated it cause I could never see it and now its faded a bit but its still living...I'll clean it up for shipping

Echinodorus tenellus (pygmy chain sword) - nice bunch of this...I have lots and its doing well

Cryptocoryne Wendtii "Tropica" (maybe...or bronze?)...not sure but I have a very nice plantlet on this one

Salvinia cucullata...a nice group of these

Echinodorus bleheri Amazon sword (swordlet) ... this is the one

I also have a couple of Java Fern plantlets if someone is interested.

Now this last one...I am not sure if I can share it or not.  I know it is illegal to ship over interstate lines but is it illegal to ship in state? I acquired this in a grab bag...its beautiful but has grow slowly in the tank its in as it one of my colder tanks...I have a small stem I could share if allowed.
Hygrophilia polysperma Rosanervig (Sunset Hygro)
Hygrophilia polysperma Rosanervig

Anyone interested  Question  Pick and choose is fine. Thank you  Smile 
cichlid-gal
cichlid-gal
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 2014-04-07, 19:33

Claimed

Back to top Go down

Post  fishNAbowl 2014-04-07, 20:45

SiRWesDragon wrote:Claimed

I am sad to say I literally have no room for more plants. Sad
fishNAbowl
fishNAbowl
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  cichlid-gal 2014-04-08, 08:41

Chad...I have no sympathy for you  Razz 
cichlid-gal
cichlid-gal
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  fishNAbowl 2014-04-08, 09:34

LOL!
fishNAbowl
fishNAbowl
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 2014-04-08, 11:13

fishNAbowl wrote:I am sad to say I literally have no room for more plants. Sad

How do you not have anymore room in all your tanks especially the 140gal?

Back to top Go down

Post  fishNAbowl 2014-04-08, 15:20

SiRWesDragon wrote:
fishNAbowl wrote:I am sad to say I literally have no room for more plants. Sad

How do you not have anymore room in all your tanks especially the 140gal?

All realistate is taken. Just growing everything out now Smile
fishNAbowl
fishNAbowl
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 2014-04-09, 01:36

What new plant species did you get now?

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next