Thanks button on posts....how does that work?

+3
Betty
Gryphon
cichlid-gal
7 posters

Go down

Thanks button on posts....how does that work? Empty Thanks button on posts....how does that work?

Post  cichlid-gal 2013-08-27, 10:06

Just saw the Thanks button on the posts....has that always been there or is that new? How does that work? and OK for all of you laughing at me...I really don't know if it's been there...sometimes you don't see the forest for the trees...LOL
cichlid-gal
cichlid-gal
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Thanks button on posts....how does that work? Empty Re: Thanks button on posts....how does that work?

Post  Gryphon 2013-08-27, 10:48

I'm not seeing it XD
Gryphon
Gryphon
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Thanks button on posts....how does that work? Empty Re: Thanks button on posts....how does that work?

Post  cichlid-gal 2013-08-27, 11:03

Maybe it only shows up for the OP...like there is a thanks button on your post now Gryphon...I'm gonna click it...let me know if anything happens on your end.. Smile
cichlid-gal
cichlid-gal
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Gryphon 2013-08-27, 11:15

I'm seeing nothing...lol
Gryphon
Gryphon
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  cichlid-gal 2013-08-27, 11:22

OK...well maybe its still a work in progress... Idea 
cichlid-gal
cichlid-gal
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Betty 2013-08-27, 12:36

Cichlid-gal, the Thanks button should only show up for you, the original poster. I think you can thank the best answer to your question by clicking on that button and (if Cory has it set up that way) the thanked message will change to a different color.

And no, it hasn't always been there, unless I missed it too. Very Happy 
Betty
Betty
Contributing Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Madness 2013-08-27, 12:42

No the thank you button has not been there it is new. It is only visible to the original poster and it is designed to say thanks basically, for example if someone posts a bunch of pictures and then gets several comments, instead of going in and physically saying thanks Bill thanks Jun thanks Ted they can just click the thank you button on each one of those posts and it will tag those individuals and let them know that you said thank you for their comment.
Madness
Madness

Back to top Go down

Post  earthfish 2013-08-27, 12:49

That's a cool addition cory!!! LOL
earthfish
earthfish
FishBox Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Aquarium Co-Op 2013-08-27, 13:07

Yeah the thank you button is new. From my testing so far, it seems you can only thank 1 person per thread.

What this button does is help us see who is being helpful etc. In the future I can see how many thank yous being rewarded with forum titles, prizes from sponsors and possibly mod privileges if and when we need more mods.

The most important thing is it keeps the forum friendly and encourages us to help each other Smile
Aquarium Co-Op
Aquarium Co-Op
Forum Sponsor

http://www.aquariumcoop.com

Back to top Go down

Post  fishloverRon 2013-08-27, 19:12

Thanks! Hey! Wow..! I did that without a button!

It really is a good addition!
fishloverRon
fishloverRon
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down