bills aquatics seattle?

5 posters

Go down

bills aquatics seattle? Empty bills aquatics seattle?

Post  aquaman95 2012-02-10, 13:14

Is this place stilaround I've seen some videos of his flowerhorns and want a couple.is he a good buissness man.does use any forums
aquaman95
aquaman95
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

bills aquatics seattle? Empty Re: bills aquatics seattle?

Post  DMD123 2012-02-10, 15:00

Ive seen him post on Craigslist. I asked about a fish once and got a quick reply and he seemed professional. Never met him but it seem like he knows his stuff from the email to me.
DMD123
DMD123
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Madness 2012-02-10, 15:09

He is a major cross breeder. I know FH's are hybrids anyway, but he makes his own type of FH. I dont think he sells anything but cross breeds of his FH. Also he is very big at inbreeding. He takes the best lookers and constantly breeds back to his main fish. I am not trying to de-bunk you from buying or his business. I bought some a couple years ago. Not impressed with the quarters the fish live in, or the water condition. His main breeders are stunning but I dont believe he sells those. And he always has several fry grow up with serious deformities do to the inbreeding.
Madness
Madness

Back to top Go down

Post  DMD123 2012-02-10, 15:31

He does hybrids for sure. My original question to him was in regard to some convicts he was selling. He has his own mix of HRP and Cons to produce a marbled con male that get a big head on it. Kind of an interesting description of his process that he sent me.

I have seen that he also raises jags on occasion, but I would not trust any amphilophus based fish to be pure.
DMD123
DMD123
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  aquaman95 2012-02-10, 22:56

I seen he had decent sized ones from 40-100+ all looked cramped but clean.I don't care what its crossed with as long as its healthy good looking and showing personality
aquaman95
aquaman95
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Madness 2012-02-10, 23:05

Hybrids vomit
Madness
Madness

Back to top Go down

Post  aquaman95 2012-02-10, 23:58

I saw a bp at the optics center fishtank in walmart it was the size of a softball and hideous .other than that I can't think of a ugly hybrid unless its a bp cross
aquaman95
aquaman95
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  chevylife 2012-02-27, 02:31

I've done business with Bill before. He's facility seemed decent and he does have some cool convicts. I was actually thinking of getting some from him as well.

chevylife
Fry

Back to top Go down

bills aquatics seattle? Empty Nice to see you all are taking interest in the topic of hybrids...

Post  BillsAquaSea 2012-05-03, 01:55

Hey it's Bill here. just wanted to clarify a few things.

- I Do create my own varieties of flowerhorn, luohan, kamfa, and other types of hybrids (hybrids only these days)
- I Dont breed the marbled cons anymore but have a few of the bubble headed males left in case i decide to again.
- My tanks are often a little cramped with dividers but every tank gets a minimum of a 40% change every 6-7 days.
- I have recently increased my amount of tanks to help eleviate stress due to over crowding and reduce dividers.
- I Dont do any inbreeding on purpose, preferably i will only do F1 hybrids using four different grandparrents.
- However sometimes a pair of young will have F2 babies and I will raise them just the same but value less.
- One form of close inbreeding i have done is a old method of breeding back with the mom or aunt for color...
- I dont import fish anymore since i have over a hundread of my own varieties to use for breeding F1 hybrids.
- and last but not least any morpological deformities are rare and usually a 1/3600 chance (such as bonsai).

some of my breeds can produce up to 16 color morphs and 4 body shapes (64 total phenotypes) from a single hatch.

Still in business... but very busy cleaning tanks, managing the company, and working my other construction jobs...

if intersted in a fish feel free to call me @ 206-679-4852 (please leave a message, out-of-state calls are ignored)
BillsAquaSea
BillsAquaSea
Fry

http://www.BillsAquatics.com/default.aspx

Back to top Go down

Post  DMD123 2012-05-03, 13:32

Hey Bill glad to see you on here!

It was quite a while back that I had inquired about the marbled cons, was very impressed with how fast you got back to me and the extensive history behind your line of fish. You need to pop on here more often!
DMD123
DMD123
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down