has anyone been to the aquarium warehouse in oly?

4 posters

Go down

has anyone been to the aquarium warehouse in oly? Empty has anyone been to the aquarium warehouse in oly?

Post  fishfreak360 2011-01-18, 00:23

it is located on 4th ave so its downtown also there is exotic aquaria in lacey has anyone been to these places and could they shed any brief discribitions of what kind fish stock they have that would be awesome thanks guys.
fishfreak360
fishfreak360
FishBox Member

Back to top Go down

has anyone been to the aquarium warehouse in oly? Empty Re: has anyone been to the aquarium warehouse in oly?

Post  Doza 2011-01-18, 00:42

id like to hear about this aquarium warehouse.... We talking tanks or a fish warehouse?
Doza
Doza
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

has anyone been to the aquarium warehouse in oly? Empty Re: has anyone been to the aquarium warehouse in oly?

Post  fishfreak360 2011-01-18, 00:52

i'm not sure i've never been i might have to wonder over there on payday and take a look around dex online says the sell both fish and aquariums so idk. i'll check it out hopefully in the next few days and see for my self i allwayd like checking out new stores cause you never know what kind of cool stuff u might find.
fishfreak360
fishfreak360
FishBox Member

Back to top Go down

Post  microdaddy 2011-01-18, 02:23

Aquarium Warehouse in Oly closed down a long time ago. I used to know Bill who ran it. However the good news is that it is now home to Gravity Beer Market. Very Happy If they have to close down the fish store, at least turn it into a beer store.

They sometimes got in some cool stuff. I used to buy some of my African cichlids from there.

Exotic Aquaria is a small place and I have not been all that impressed with it so far. Small place with mostly saltwater but a lot of the times I have been in there the fish look emaciated or sick. I have not been in there for a little while so maybe things have gotten better.

microdaddy
Fry

Back to top Go down

Post  Betty 2011-01-18, 02:23

I've been to Aquarium Warehouse a few times, but that was a long time ago. It was probably a couple of years ago I was there and the owner told me he was going to close the store soon and either move or operate out of his home or something like that, so I never went back after that.

I'd be curious to see if he is still in that location.

Make sure you call ahead of time. I went a couple of times to find the store closed during times that you would expect a business to be open.

I've also been to Exotic Aquaria in Lacey, but they had just opened and didn't have a lot of stock at that time.
Betty
Betty
Contributing Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Betty 2011-01-18, 02:25

Looks like we posted at the same time, microdaddy. Smile

So I guess he did close. That's too bad. He did have some decent Africans once in a while.
Betty
Betty
Contributing Member

Back to top Go down

Post  microdaddy 2011-01-18, 02:33

Heheheh, I just saw that. That's funny.

Yeah, he closed down quite a while ago. Bummer too as it was a little bigger place and got some cool stuff sometimes.

I became friends with a guy named Dave there who went and got all the fish for the store. Now THAT was a good contact to have. Sadly he moved away and no more perks. Smile

Oly really has no really good sources for fish for the most part due to our weak big box and local stores here. I tend to go up to Midway, A Place For Pets & a couple other little places along the way.

microdaddy
Fry

Back to top Go down

Post  fishfreak360 2011-01-18, 03:11

oh that sucks, to bad. you guys r right there arn't many fish stores in this area it kinda sucks i dont even go to petco anymore i only by filters and food and such i wont buy there fish i'll catch myself thinking about it and then i'll remeber how poor they keep there fish. i would rather drive to lacey just to go to petsmart lol. so when is someone on here gonna open a store around here Smile
fishfreak360
fishfreak360
FishBox Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down