albino, blind or stupid, cory catfish

5 posters

Go down

albino, blind or stupid, cory catfish Empty albino, blind or stupid, cory catfish

Post  knightrider213 2010-11-10, 04:03

So recently i added two albino cory catfish. very funny energetic fish and they look like a Dr. Suess character. Anyways, one of them keeps geeting himself trapped in java moss. Hes the only one ive seen get caught in there. after the third or fith time of helping him get unstuck I took out the majority of the java moss and put it in a different tank. Problem solved? no. he got traped in what seemed like 4 or 5 small strands of java moss. So i removed the rest from the tank. So the question is: Is he blind or is he just stupid? ever had a blind fish?

Let me know what you think.

knightrider213
Fry

Back to top Go down

albino, blind or stupid, cory catfish Empty Re: albino, blind or stupid, cory catfish

Post  Fern 2010-11-10, 14:00

Probably not blind. I have a cory with no eyes at all that never gets stuck. I have had some with eyes get stuck though. I think they just get hyper and get to zipping around the tank and aren't paying attention to where they are going. I just don't keep moss with corys any more.
Fern
Fern

Back to top Go down

albino, blind or stupid, cory catfish Empty Re: albino, blind or stupid, cory catfish

Post  striflerfishies 2010-11-25, 03:53

we have alot of corys and not one is blind but some are a little to hyper for there own good. i think hes hyper. also if his bristles are hurt they tend to go all over what type of gravel do you have. if its jaged then its probly the bristles. good luck

striflerfishies
Fry

Back to top Go down

Post  knightrider213 2010-11-25, 18:28

They seem to be doing a lot better. I put java moss back in the tank and they both seem to avoid it.

knightrider213
Fry

Back to top Go down

Post  TRD_Power 2011-01-09, 14:57

I just lost my albino Cory and was pretty sad about it Sad He was my favorite fish in the tank. Can't get another, so he's gonna be replaced by 2 Panda Cory cats Smile
TRD_Power
TRD_Power
FishBox Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Fern 2011-01-09, 21:14

Oh ya no gravel at all with corys! Sand or bare bottom! Barbell damage is what kills most corys!
Fern
Fern

Back to top Go down

Post  Doza 2011-01-09, 21:36

Sand will damage barbells just as much as gravel.. Its weather or not the gravel or sand is smooth or not... Tahitian moon sand or the fine coral sand can damage them just as easily as any gravel.. There are lots of natural rounded almost polished like gravels that are pea sized that wont do any harm..
Doza
Doza
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down