Paintguy
protocl
Gosu
17 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Legalize Marijuana kthnx Empty Legalize Marijuana kthnx

Post  Gosu 2010-09-05, 20:32

getting my redcard here in a week or two Smile gonna start growing my own and im thinkin ill use dirty fish water for the basis of my wick(sp?)-hydro system....oughtta be better than clean water right?

Mad + Puffy = haha
Gosu
Gosu

Back to top Go down

Legalize Marijuana kthnx Empty Re: Legalize Marijuana kthnx

Post  protocl 2010-09-05, 22:55

A cycle of high, I mean life.
protocl
protocl
Contributing Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Paintguy 2010-09-06, 00:50

I took my kids to Seattle Aquarium a few weeks ago. Just happen to be hempfest or something similar. I have never seen so many holding their new glass bong like a newborn baby.
Paintguy
Paintguy
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 2010-09-06, 01:01

whats a redcard?

Back to top Go down

Post  Gosu 2010-09-06, 01:11

card to legally smoke
Gosu
Gosu

Back to top Go down

Post  Gosu 2010-09-06, 01:11

medicinal purposes only of course Smile
Gosu
Gosu

Back to top Go down

Post  sandnuka 2010-09-06, 01:11

basically a prescription that says you can have up to 15 plants, or 24oz... (thats the prescription amount of 2 months)... washington has legalized marijuana for medical purposes awhile ago...

Dunno when they raised it from 7 to 15 plants... it wasnt too long ago... anyway, red card basically is what you go pay a shady doctor for. Smile honestly my pain doc asked if I wanted one, to try something more natural compared to the narcotics I take... I say NAW! like my pills Wink
sandnuka
sandnuka
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Mikey 2010-09-06, 01:17

I agree that marijuana should be legalized in Washington State. California is really pushing for it, and we all know what states follow their lead...So I think in time it'll come.
Mikey
Mikey
Contributing Member

http://www.wafishbox.com

Back to top Go down

Post  sandnuka 2010-09-06, 01:29

it needs to pass in the country... even if it passes in a state, the DEA can march in and take it all away Sad

California has pot stores for people that hold a red card, but DEA keeps coming in and closes them, then they just re-open... crazy laws.

Goosey - you can buy seeds from holland, pretty sweet, get white widow, koosh, all the sweet different varieties out there... they will ship to our state... although you gotta worry about male and female, or bad seeds, etc... easier to just get clippings from someone... and cheaper.
sandnuka
sandnuka
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  protocl 2010-09-06, 02:36

sandnuka wrote:it needs to pass in the country... even if it passes in a state, the DEA can march in and take it all away Sad

California has pot stores for people that hold a red card, but DEA keeps coming in and closes them, then they just re-open... crazy laws.

Goosey - you can buy seeds from holland, pretty sweet, get white widow, koosh, all the sweet different varieties out there... they will ship to our state... although you gotta worry about male and female, or bad seeds, etc... easier to just get clippings from someone... and cheaper.

smoked much? Lol
protocl
protocl
Contributing Member

Back to top Go down

Post  sandnuka 2010-09-06, 15:15

protocl - Once upon a time I wouldve considered myself an activist for legalizing Marijuana.... So answer to the question, YES, I smoked too much.... but To be perfectly honest, I havent smoked for a couple yrs now though. Smile
sandnuka
sandnuka
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Caton 2010-09-06, 16:12

The only pot I deal with is when I make my DIY C02 or when I make mac n' cheese. Very Happy
Caton
Caton
FishBox Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 2010-09-06, 16:33

Drugs are useless.

Back to top Go down

Post  Gosu 2010-09-06, 17:40

more for me Smile
Gosu
Gosu

Back to top Go down

Post  sandnuka 2010-09-06, 20:23

Spyral wrote:Drugs are useless.

This I would definetly disagree with ya on....... without drugs we wouldnt have all the great drug influenced music, theatre, art.... all great things came from people who were inspired by something under the influence of drugs... even bill gates, but what does he know? Smile
sandnuka
sandnuka
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 2010-09-06, 21:17

Drugs are a crutch for the weak.

Back to top Go down

Post  sandnuka 2010-09-06, 22:19

lol@ spyral... you sound like my 65 yr old dad. awesome.
sandnuka
sandnuka
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  alexmuw 2010-09-06, 22:33

Legalize!

Drugs are fine for people that want to use them. Marijuana is on par with alcohol. Please educate yourself.

I smoked marijuana for years through high school. I have not since smoked for over 5 years but I have had no ill effects; in fact I'll be attending medical school soon.

The fact is, marijuana will soon be legalized, it's just a matter of time. Only the Old and ill informed are against legalization. If your against, try to enact prohibition again. In fact, prohibition came out of the Temperance Movement of the late 1800s. Illegalization and the myths surrounding marijuana are just remnants of the ill fought Temperance Movement (please look up the movement, I took a medical history class at UW Med School that explored the topic).

I can go on and on, but I'll stop here.

alexmuw

Back to top Go down

Post  Caton 2010-09-06, 23:57

Then why are there so many problems with peoples brains after smoking it? I being thirteen years old, have seen the effects not only on him but his family. Sure the parents wanted to help him out but it was different. High oxygen content will give you the same effect...
Caton
Caton
FishBox Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Paintguy 2010-09-07, 00:22

I learned from others that use the weed. Had a room mate that could not complete a sentence without a fried brain half cough as he tries to come up with the next word. Talking to him was like listening to an old CD player on a rough road and it took 2 years of hard core rehab to make him a functional member of society again. Another room mate was the rare case that started growing breast tissue from warped hormones (confirmed by his doctor). He stopped cold turkey and you will never see him without a shirt. Both did an excessive amount over a long period of time, but the results were pretty clear to me.
Paintguy
Paintguy
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  alexmuw 2010-09-07, 00:33

Marijuana is a drug. No one is hiding that fact. Nothing good about. My point is, if you want to keep marijuana illegal, then lets start a slippery slope with alcohol and tobacco.

There's already a LEGAL, PRESCRIPTION form of Marijuana. It's called MARINOL, it's synthetic THC (used to treat Depression, pain, anxiety, etc...) So I see that it might be ok for Pharmaceutical companies to earn millions to billions, while the DEA helps enforce their monopoly. I find that a bit hilarious.

Big Government already has a lot to enforce. Legalization will freeup enforcement resources, reduce prison populations greatly, and reduce government spending. Like I said, I do believe it will be legalized in time. Give it 10-20 years.

As for the brain cell thing, marijuana decreases your reflexes. As with any drug there's a "re-coop" period, that even I have experienced (again it's a drug).

alexmuw

Back to top Go down

Post  sandnuka 2010-09-07, 03:39

Woah! Ive been around pot/weed a very very very long time.... I know people who smoke habitially, socially, and occassionally.... but I have never in my life seen it effect them the way you guys are talkin about. Seriously, its legal in holland, and you dont see people wondering around outside of there "coffee shops" acting crazier than the guys outside our local bars. (unless there on mushrooms) lol ... or men with boobs, and there is allot of naked people there.... I didnt see as many man boobs there as here, (our fat american asses).

Now the effects of Meth, pscylosibe, Mescalin, LSD, DMT, maybe too much cocaine, alcohol, or an overdose on prescription narcs might have the effect that your friends/roomates have. So I am assuming they might be mixing there weed with alcohol, or another drug. Wink

Watch a movie, super high me.... its kinda like supersize me, (the guy that ate all the mcdonalds and got sick).... except its about a comedian that goes sober for month, and then smokes CRAZY amounts of pot all day for a month.... they run tests and stuff on how he functions physically and mentally... and really was not any difference... cool flick.
sandnuka
sandnuka
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Jtang 2010-09-07, 04:15

sandnuka wrote:
Spyral wrote:Drugs are useless.

This I would definetly disagree with ya on....... without drugs we wouldnt have all the great drug influenced music, theatre, art.... all great things came from people who were inspired by something under the influence of drugs... even bill gates, but what does he know? Smile

Quoted FTW
Jtang
Jtang
FishBox Regular

https://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=899370456

Back to top Go down

Post  Gosu 2010-09-07, 05:55

good topic Razz
Gosu
Gosu

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 2010-09-07, 10:01

lol..i have no dog in this fight. I couldn't care less who uses drugs. I also don't hold it against anyone who does. I chose not to do any illegal drugs, that's my choice.

My one liners (for those of you on soap boxes) were simply jabs at Gosu and Sand. Damned hippies.

Back to top Go down

Post  KMX 2010-09-07, 11:37

Paintguy wrote:I learned from others that use the weed. Had a room mate that could not complete a sentence without a fried brain half cough as he tries to come up with the next word. Talking to him was like listening to an old CD player on a rough road and it took 2 years of hard core rehab to make him a functional member of society again. Another room mate was the rare case that started growing breast tissue from warped hormones (confirmed by his doctor). He stopped cold turkey and you will never see him without a shirt. Both did an excessive amount over a long period of time, but the results were pretty clear to me.

Are you saying that drinkng is what messed them up?

alexmuw wrote:Marijuana is a drug. (again it's a drug).

Only B/c the goverment says so.

sandnuka wrote:Woah! Ive been around pot/weed a very very very long time.... I know people who smoke habitially, socially, and occassionally.... but I have never in my life seen it effect them the way you guys are talkin about. Seriously, its legal in holland, and you dont see people wondering around outside of there "coffee shops" acting crazier than the guys outside our local bars. (unless there on mushrooms) lol ... or men with boobs, and there is allot of naked people there.... I didnt see as many man boobs there as here, (our fat american asses).

Now the effects of Meth, pscylosibe, Mescalin, LSD, DMT, maybe too much cocaine, alcohol, or an overdose on prescription narcs might have the effect that your friends/roomates have. So I am assuming they might be mixing there weed with alcohol, or another drug. Wink

Watch a movie, super high me.... its kinda like supersize me, (the guy that ate all the mcdonalds and got sick).... except its about a comedian that goes sober for month, and then smokes CRAZY amounts of pot all day for a month.... they run tests and stuff on how he functions physically and mentally... and really was not any difference... cool flick.

I agree.

Spyral wrote:lol..i have no dog in this fight. I couldn't care less who uses drugs. I also don't hold it against anyone who does. I chose not to do any illegal drugs, that's my choice.

My one liners (for those of you on soap boxes) were simply jabs at Gosu and Sand. Damned hippies.

I agree punk
KMX
KMX
Fry

Back to top Go down

Post  Paintguy 2010-09-07, 12:08

KMX wrote:

Are you saying that drinkng is what messed them up?

Not saying they did not drink, but they were baked all day compared to on occasional kegger on the weekend. Both were actually the main dealers in my HS back in the day. Now that I think back all of my room mates were cleaned up bake heads. Now I don't have a problem if someone likes their weed and I know many who live with it just fine, but knowing a few messed up individuals first hand from extreme use of it tells me the long term effects are not on the positive side. That said it appears to be less harmful than alcohol at least in driving accidents.
Paintguy
Paintguy
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  KMX 2010-09-07, 12:58

Bout to say. Nothing wrong with pot. No proven side effects ...all myths. I have smoked everyday for the past 10 years. I have a job, run a fish club, wife, 2 amazing kids and doing just fine. I don't smoke a big blunt or anything I just take one puff or 2 threwout the day. Keeps me relaxed and keeps me thinking. I do not drink unless it is social at a sporting event or something. And If I do it is not much at all. Drinking is 10x worse then getting a little buzz off of smoking herb. Cracks me up to see how blind our society is and how society keeps beliving everything the goverment says.
KMX
KMX
Fry

Back to top Go down

Post  alotadollars 2010-09-07, 13:29

Gov doesn't care if it has side effects or not, its not illegal because they think its bad for you, its illegal because they wouldn't be able to control selling of it, (Meaning they couldn't control tax, couldn't make sure everyone paid there tax on it) Tabacco is just as bad on your lungs but its legal since they make billions in tax.
alotadollars
alotadollars
FishBox Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Ashley 2010-09-07, 13:51

I'd much rather be on the road with someone high on pot, rather than someone who is drunk.

I don't really care if it's legalized or not. I don't smoke it because I would rather enjoy life without being high, but thats just me. I know plenty of people close to me that do and thats their choice. Very Happy
Ashley
Ashley

Back to top Go down

Post  sandnuka 2010-09-07, 13:59

Legalize Marijuana kthnx 388432 Wow... well put everyone! I honestly rarely make a comment in the "off topic lounge", but seeing this thread, I felt I needed to voice my opinion on the matter.... jeeez, I havent spoke about marijuana positive/negative effects in too long. definetly brought back some good ol' memorys.
sandnuka
sandnuka
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ashley 2010-09-07, 14:13

sandnuka wrote:Legalize Marijuana kthnx 388432 Wow... well put everyone! I honestly rarely make a comment in the "off topic lounge", but seeing this thread, I felt I needed to voice my opinion on the matter.... jeeez, I havent spoke about marijuana positive/negative effects in too long. definetly brought back some good ol' memorys.

We should have a whole thread about "memories" while on drugs! haha

Just kidding, I think that might get out of hand lol...
Ashley
Ashley

Back to top Go down

Post  KMX 2010-09-07, 14:23

alotadollars wrote:Gov doesn't care if it has side effects or not, its not illegal because they think its bad for you, its illegal because they wouldn't be able to control selling of it, (Meaning they couldn't control tax, couldn't make sure everyone paid there tax on it) Tabacco is just as bad on your lungs but its legal since they make billions in tax.

They can contol the selling of it. And they will soon. It will be legal and taxed just like cigs and beer. The goverment thought they were going to make money off this but it back fired. They now see the debt that this "war on drugs" is causing. If you legalize it people will buy it from the taxed places ...not drug dealers. We dont see tabaco growers and moon shiners anymore b/c you can get it from the store. Also if they legalize it they wil save billions and make billions. Drug dealers dont ask for your ID, business do. Selling to kids is the ONLY problem with pot. Adults 21 and older should have a choice.

Ashley wrote:I'd much rather be on the road with someone high on pot, rather than someone who is drunk.

I don't really care if it's legalized or not. I don't smoke it because I would rather enjoy life without being high, but thats just me. I know plenty of people close to me that do and thats their choice. Very Happy

I agree

I drive high everyday. I have never had a wreck. (knock on wood) lol!
KMX
KMX
Fry

Back to top Go down

Post  Gosu 2010-09-07, 19:32

imo pot is bad for you in the sense that the smoke isnt good for your lungs(personal danger) however the legal ones straight up cause everyone trouble.. if i wanna smoke i should be allowed Razz so legalize imo
Gosu
Gosu

Back to top Go down

Post  allouttabubblgum 2010-09-10, 18:30

We have the right to drink a beer.We have the right to smoke a cig.We know that beer is going to make us fat and kill our liver and water ever else.Not to mention the 100000 or 10000000 of people that drink and drive.We can have a cig. and going to give you cancer and lung disease.But we dont have the right to buy pot or grow pot for our use.What im saying is pot should be just like beer.You can buy it at the pot shop,you can bring it home and smoke or smoke there.Not in your car ,not on the street.I have said many times to friends.Put 20 people in a room 10 men 10 women and enough alcohol to get them all drunk.Then 10 men and 10 women in an other room with enough pot to get them really high.Let them stay in the rooms for say 5hours,and see what room causes more problems .

p.s. I all ways thought it was a green card and i think use the fish water
allouttabubblgum
allouttabubblgum
Fry

Back to top Go down

Post  Jtang 2010-09-10, 18:47

Jtang
Jtang
FishBox Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  baglel10 2010-09-10, 18:50

nothing is wrong with pot it helps people with pains but beer and cigs dont help any pain cigs i ges help out stress but dont help out much beer just is like a hardcore drug its just there to get you high/drunk beer might have a numbing affect but i can garnintee its not used fo that so pots just a better beer so why cant you use it just add a age capp like 21 so it will not slow or destroy the brain growth... so ya i agree with the people who says beer is like pot... also if they are not going to legalize pot then beer pot cigs should be illegal becouse they are just as bad (i know the government cant do this becouse they would loose a CRAZY amount of money from just enforcing the stop and from te tax)

ps i kinda rambled on right there an its kinda crambed in lol legal it or illegal it all
baglel10
baglel10
FishBox Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Mikey 2010-09-10, 19:04

Alright, well I don't do that kind of stuff regularly. I can see it being a problem if it was done every day and excessive, just like alcohol or cigs. But after being at college for only three weeks, the frat that I go to party at is just unbelievable. It's not regularly, its sometimes on the weekend.
There's weed, there's drugs, there's alcohol, there's everything and everyone is having fun..No one died there so I say legalize it and tax it. Cool
Mikey
Mikey
Contributing Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Jtang 2010-09-10, 19:52

Mikey wrote:Alright, well I don't do that kind of stuff regularly. I can see it being a problem if it was done every day and excessive, just like alcohol or cigs. But after being at college for only three weeks, the frat that I go to party at is just unbelievable. It's not regularly, its sometimes on the weekend.
There's weed, there's drugs, there's alcohol, there's everything and everyone is having fun..No one died there so I say legalize it and tax it. Cool

might as capitalize on it right?
Jtang
Jtang
FishBox Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  alexmuw 2010-09-10, 20:15

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/science/nature/58013.stm

Article released by the WHO (World Health Organization) back in the 90s. Findings of studies comparing alcohol to marijuana.

Also, a large component to the Anti-Legalization argument is the Alcohol/Tobacco Lobbyists.
Afraid of competition (aka Capitalism, lols)

alexmuw

Back to top Go down

Post  Mikey 2010-09-10, 21:16

Jtang wrote:
Mikey wrote:Alright, well I don't do that kind of stuff regularly. I can see it being a problem if it was done every day and excessive, just like alcohol or cigs. But after being at college for only three weeks, the frat that I go to party at is just unbelievable. It's not regularly, its sometimes on the weekend.

might as capitalize on it right?

That's what I'm thinking!
Mikey
Mikey
Contributing Member

Back to top Go down

Post  KMX 2010-09-10, 22:01

allouttabubblgum wrote: We have the right to drink a beer.We have the right to smoke a cig.We know that beer is going to make us fat and kill our liver and water ever else.Not to mention the 100000 or 10000000 of people that drink and drive.We can have a cig. and going to give you cancer and lung disease.But we dont have the right to buy pot or grow pot for our use.What im saying is pot should be just like beer.You can buy it at the pot shop,you can bring it home and smoke or smoke there.Not in your car ,not on the street.I have said many times to friends.Put 20 people in a room 10 men 10 women and enough alcohol to get them all drunk.Then 10 men and 10 women in an other room with enough pot to get them really high.Let them stay in the rooms for say 5hours,and see what room causes more problems .

p.s. I all ways thought it was a green card and i think use the fish water

Could not agree more.
KMX
KMX
Fry

Back to top Go down

Post  me 2010-09-15, 04:46

Guest wrote:Drugs are a crutch for the weak.

This type of assumption is a crutch for the ego.
me
me

Back to top Go down

Post  ShortyKiloGyrl 2010-09-15, 04:56

I believe the only reason they wouldn't legalize marijuana is because its sooo easy for people to grown themselves. Therefore the government can't gain anything from it. Tobacco companies and liquor are so controlled they get alot of profit from them. Just about anyone with a little research can grow a plant or two or 30 in their house and the government wouldn't know it or be able to gain taxes from it.

I myself believe however, marijuana, alcohol, and cigarettes are all equally addicting. Which people take to as an addiction depends on personality type. I have seen first hand 3 different people each addicted to only one, let it ruin their lives. One lost his son because pot was more important (and he was only doing pot, he was tested), alcoholism killed another, and cigarettes caused cancer and he continued to smoke until the day he died from it. All each depend on the person to their quantity of use and how it effects each person.
ShortyKiloGyrl
ShortyKiloGyrl
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  me 2010-09-15, 04:58

Marijuana dates back so far in our history and yet stirs up more controversy than drugs that haven't been fully tested and yet still make there way into our medicine cabinets. Imitrex was mis-prescribed to me once and I hit the desk with my head after losing muscle control for a few seconds. Never had that with herb.

Just for the record, though I am not a big drinker and definitely prefer herb, some alcohol has benefits. Red wine can actually make you live 20% longer by increasing the ammount of good cholesterol in your blood. They are even trying to copy this with medicines. They love to make money off synthesizing everything good and then telling us we need their pill form. A glass of red wine and a bowl while watching cowboy bebop. That's a good night Wink
me
me

Back to top Go down

Post  sandnuka 2010-09-15, 05:17

cant wait until we just have breakfast pills, lunch pills, dinner pills... we already got goodnight pills.... Next thing you know we will have alcohol pills.... well, itleast we wont all be fat asses then Smile
sandnuka
sandnuka
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  me 2010-09-15, 05:58

and then come the sex pills!! I don't mean viagra. Just pop on in your mouth and close your eyes! Laughing

Did I go too far?
me
me

Back to top Go down

Post  censeoflife 2010-09-15, 09:29

me wrote:Marijuana dates back so far in our history and yet stirs up more controversy than drugs that haven't been fully tested and yet still make there way into our medicine cabinets. Imitrex was mis-prescribed to me once and I hit the desk with my head after losing muscle control for a few seconds. Never had that with herb.

Just for the record, though I am not a big drinker and definitely prefer herb, some alcohol has benefits. Red wine can actually make you live 20% longer by increasing the ammount of good cholesterol in your blood. They are even trying to copy this with medicines. They love to make money off synthesizing everything good and then telling us we need their pill form. A glass of red wine and a bowl while watching cowboy bebop. That's a good night Wink

AMEN Brother!
censeoflife
censeoflife
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  sandnuka 2010-09-15, 14:39

lol @ sex pills...... think its already out... but not legal... (xtc) lol
sandnuka
sandnuka
Admin

Back to top Go down