Tank Mates Oscars & Severums

2 posters

Go down

Tank Mates Oscars & Severums Empty Tank Mates Oscars & Severums

Post  Mountjoy 2010-07-19, 19:11

Hey all -

I got a 135g with two severums (different species severums), 1 Green Terror and 2 Oscars. All pretty much young guys, but i have experience with Oscars.

Anyway, my larger severum seems to be the most aggressive in the tank, which is surprising because he's a severum, but I guess that's how all cichlids are - anyway - thinking about taking him out and just having the Os, GT and 1 Severum. You think I'm stocked up enough or room for some dithers/ other non-aggressive cichlid? Any recommendations?

Mountjoy
Fry

Back to top Go down

Tank Mates Oscars & Severums Empty Re: Tank Mates Oscars & Severums

Post  Bassman42 2010-07-20, 20:12

What are you using for filtration? How big are your fish? how often are you cleaning you tank? Depending on how you answer these questions that will determine if you can put more fish in the tank.
Bassman42
Bassman42
FishBox Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Mountjoy 2010-07-22, 00:27

I have taken all that into consideration, my question is what tank mates would be appropriate for behavior. For example, I had black belt cichlid but had to let him go because he tortured my severums. However, the black belt and the green terror got along perfectly. They never chased each other, and always swam by each other with no hesitation.

What I REALLY want to do is put one of my severums in another tank and have this set up: 2 Os, 1 GT, 1 Severum and 1 Electric Blue Jack dempsey.

Obviously this may be a bad combo, but I felt if I introduced him smaller than the oscars and severums, it would all depend on how he gets along with the green terror.

All the fish in the tank are pretty much juveniles... the 2 Os are about 3 inches and the severums just a little bit bigger. The green terror is the smallest.

I am experienced enough to know when it won't work, but I am trying to see how jack dempseys do with severums and green terrors.

Mountjoy
Fry

Back to top Go down

Post  Mountjoy 2010-07-22, 00:28

Bassman42 wrote:What are you using for filtration? How big are your fish? how often are you cleaning you tank? Depending on how you answer these questions that will determine if you can put more fish in the tank.

I have a fluval FX 5 btw Very Happy

Mountjoy
Fry

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down