danio erythromicron - emerald dwarf danio = success in WWA?

Go down

danio erythromicron - emerald dwarf danio = success in WWA? Empty danio erythromicron - emerald dwarf danio = success in WWA?

Post  MRTom on 2014-08-13, 23:28

Has anyone tried keeping emerald dwarf danios in our soft acidic seattle water with any success? I am a bit hesitant to try a big buffering experiment just to have them die on me in a few weeks. Everything I've found on them so far points to them needing harder water, and their lack of breeding in captivity. I'd love to keep a small fish like this, but I feel a little worse when WC fish die on me because I can't get the parameters right for them. Does anyone know if there has been success breeding them in captivity?
MRTom
MRTom
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

danio erythromicron - emerald dwarf danio = success in WWA? Empty Re: danio erythromicron - emerald dwarf danio = success in WWA?

Post  ShortyKiloGyrl on 2014-08-14, 01:22

I don't know any thing about keeping them. I haven't had them, but I can give you a list of nano fish if you want to research keeping others if these do not work?
ShortyKiloGyrl
ShortyKiloGyrl
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

danio erythromicron - emerald dwarf danio = success in WWA? Empty Re: danio erythromicron - emerald dwarf danio = success in WWA?

Post  ShortyKiloGyrl on 2014-08-14, 01:23

I think Cory has these or can get them in if I remember right maybe he can weigh in.
ShortyKiloGyrl
ShortyKiloGyrl
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  MRTom on 2014-08-14, 04:25

I have a few nanos going already Smile We should probably start a nano fish thread as well!
MRTom
MRTom
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  plaamoo on 2014-08-14, 09:22

I haven't kept these Tom but pretty sure they are widely bred. Wet Spot always has them and they usually state "wild caught" if that's the case. You could ask them or Cory may know?
What are your water parameters? My water here is soft but ph 7+. I add a dash each of baking soda and equilibrium to change water to raise the gh/kh a little and keep it there. Very simple.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

plaamoo
FishBox Member

Back to top Go down

Post  MRTom on 2014-08-14, 12:28

Water is usually in the 0 to 17ppm, so I have a hard time getting it stable at 90ppm. I've used equilibrium before, but hadn't thought about baking soda. That's a nice angle to investigate. Thanks!
MRTom
MRTom
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Aquarium Co-Op on 2014-08-14, 13:14

I've had them at the store most of the time I've been open. Currently i'm out of stock as they are a slow mover and waiting for someone to request them. But to me they have the exact same care as a celestial pearl danio.

Forum Sponsor

http://www.aquariumcoop.com

Back to top Go down

Post  plaamoo on 2014-08-14, 13:52

MRTom wrote:Water is usually in the 0 to 17ppm, so I have a hard time getting it stable at 90ppm. I've used equilibrium before, but hadn't thought about baking soda. That's a nice angle to investigate. Thanks!

What are you measuring? Soft doesn't equal acidic. Equalibrium will supplement your gh(calcium/manesium) and baking soda your kh(carbonate). Kh is your PH buffer. My tapwater is 1-3 for both kh/gh and tds about 50. Ph 7+ By adding what I do I keep most tanks around 100 tds and the ph remains stable. Stability is what really matters.

Last edited by plaamoo on 2014-08-14, 16:38; edited 1 time in total

plaamoo
FishBox Member

Back to top Go down

Post  ShortyKiloGyrl on 2014-08-14, 15:00

MRTom wrote:I have a few nanos going already Smile We should probably start a nano fish thread as well!

Oh that'd be a pretty good idea! Maybe we could get a nano tank kick going. The further my nano gets along the more I want to do.
ShortyKiloGyrl
ShortyKiloGyrl
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum