Aquarium Co-Op
dwarfpike
bassetman
DMD123
MorganEA
Madness
13 posters

Go down

Episode #4 w/Morgan and Missgrumpygills Empty Episode #4 w/Morgan and Missgrumpygills

Post  Madness 2014-07-18, 18:58

I want to thank both Morgan and Jessica for allowing me to visit and to film another episode of, "OnTheROAD".  Their tanks were beautiful and very clean.  Lots of colors and a very nice assortment of species, and plants.  The Bettas were stunning, and the Angels were amazing.  Please enjoy these photos.

Took 97 and only 20ish turned out, which is always the case.  Hopefully the video will be up tonight if not, it may be a week or so.  School is getting crazy.

Enjoy the pictures.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]" />" />" />" />" />" />" />" />" />" />" />" />" />" />" />

Last edited by Madness on 2014-07-19, 00:22; edited 2 times in total
Madness
Madness

Back to top Go down

Episode #4 w/Morgan and Missgrumpygills Empty Re: Episode #4 w/Morgan and Missgrumpygills

Post  MorganEA 2014-07-18, 19:07

Great pictures! I'm jealous of your camera.
MorganEA
MorganEA
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Episode #4 w/Morgan and Missgrumpygills Empty Re: Episode #4 w/Morgan and Missgrumpygills

Post  DMD123 2014-07-18, 19:43

Looking good!  Clapping 

I really like these pleco:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
DMD123
DMD123
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  MorganEA 2014-07-18, 19:50

DMD123 wrote:Looking good!  Clapping 

I really like these pleco:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Thank you, I'm hoping to get a pair and start breeding them.
MorganEA
MorganEA
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  bassetman 2014-07-18, 20:03

Looks good, love the angels.
bassetman
bassetman
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  dwarfpike 2014-07-18, 20:05

bassetman wrote:Looks good, love the angels.

I agree 

The last one especially for me.
dwarfpike
dwarfpike
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Aquarium Co-Op 2014-07-18, 20:12

Nice shot on the swordtails.
Aquarium Co-Op
Aquarium Co-Op
Forum Sponsor

http://www.aquariumcoop.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 2014-07-18, 20:15

I really like these pleco and the last angel.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Back to top Go down

Post  MRTom 2014-07-18, 21:55

Very nice shots! That frog shot made my day! Looking forward to the video!
MRTom
MRTom
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  fishNAbowl 2014-07-18, 22:52

I wanna frog  Razz 

Nice tease of the upcoming video Madness. Great pictures  Spot On
fishNAbowl
fishNAbowl
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  MorganEA 2014-07-19, 00:08

You would be suprised by how aggressive those dang frogs are! I've watched them chase the betta and plecos away from the food.
MorganEA
MorganEA
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Madness 2014-07-19, 00:23

Madness
Madness

Back to top Go down

Post  bassetman 2014-07-19, 07:12

Very nice community. Good combination of colors
bassetman
bassetman
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  DMD123 2014-07-19, 09:17

Very inspiring video! I have always wanted to try a planted tank, and after listening and seeing how uncomplicated it is with some of those plants, I might just have to give it a try.
DMD123
DMD123
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  fishNAbowl 2014-07-19, 10:42

Great job Missgrumpygills and MorganEA. Have to say this video is my favorite Very Happy  

You know , still pictures we all post dosent compare to these videos. Capturing the big fish personalities , and the different angles of people's tanks, and bringing us right into other people's homes and up close to these tanks is pretty awesome.
Thanks Madness these videos are awesome!
fishNAbowl
fishNAbowl
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  LuminousAphid 2014-07-19, 10:49

good job, everything looks great, good pics and I am watching the video now

edit; Very nice tanks, I really like the jungle look of them and how you have them arranged. The angels you have are really nice, especially the veil tail in that last tank, very pretty.
LuminousAphid
LuminousAphid
Lifetime Member

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9ckEZaAig5YXpVLIvU1qjg

Back to top Go down

Post  Missgrumpygills 2014-07-19, 12:51

Thanks guys! I wish more people would try planted tanks. All of ours are very low tech, all you need is a growing light and you can have beautiful plants Very Happy
Missgrumpygills
Missgrumpygills
FishBox Member

Back to top Go down

Post  bad-daddio 2014-07-19, 13:29

Madness - Thanks again for another great episode of on the road. It really is cool to see other people's tanks, and their takes on the hobby. I'm pretty set in my big cichlids ways so the first few episodes have been great but I really can appreciate these other styles.

Missgrumpygills and MorganEA - Someday I plan to have a big planted community tank and when I do, I think it will probably look a lot like what you two have going. Thanks for sharing!
bad-daddio
bad-daddio
FishBox Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  MorganEA 2014-07-19, 14:26

Thank you all for your kind comments!! Madness you did a great job, we really enjoyed having you over.
MorganEA
MorganEA
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  bad-daddio 2014-07-19, 14:28

Missgrumpygills wrote:Thanks guys! I wish more people would try planted tanks. All of ours are very low tech, all you need is a growing light and you can have beautiful plants Very Happy

I'm sure that if I searched I could find it but do you have a thread going somewhere that you can link to that sort of outlines your approach to low tech? Substrate, lighting, etc?
bad-daddio
bad-daddio
FishBox Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  MorganEA 2014-07-19, 14:33

Yea its called being lazy lol!! I use regular gravel Jess uses pool filter sand, as for lighting I have always used regular fluorescent lights but just recently purchased a beamswork LED. If you have any questions feel free to PM me.
MorganEA
MorganEA
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  bassetman 2014-07-19, 14:42

Really liked your tanks. I am about to try killing some live plants in my own tanks. I was cursed with a black thumb with aquarium plants.
bassetman
bassetman
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  bad-daddio 2014-07-19, 14:59

MorganEA wrote:Yea its called being lazy lol!! I use regular gravel Jess uses pool filter sand, as for lighting I have always used regular fluorescent lights but just recently purchased a beamswork LED. If you have any questions feel free to PM me.

See, everyone who has nice planted tanks always makes it sound so easy. "I just throw in whatever substrate I have on hand, add plants, and presto - beautiful planted tank". I really think some people have "it" and some people just don't. I've tried before and it hasn't gone well. I think my problem has always been too much light. When the time comes, I'll be hitting you up.
bad-daddio
bad-daddio
FishBox Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Missgrumpygills 2014-07-19, 17:11

bad-daddio wrote:See, everyone who has nice planted tanks always makes it sound so easy. "I just throw in whatever substrate I have on hand, add plants, and presto - beautiful planted tank". I really think some people have "it" and some people just don't. I've tried before and it hasn't gone well. I think my problem has always been too much light. When the time comes, I'll be hitting you up.
It does take a little time to find balance. I think the right amount of light for the plants you have is key.. and trial and error, that's why this forum is great because you can try different plants (plant it forward). The point is, you can do it!
Missgrumpygills
Missgrumpygills
FishBox Member

Back to top Go down

Post  cichlid-gal 2014-07-20, 11:01

Morgan and Jessica your tanks are lovely. Great info on your plants and I love those angelfish.
cichlid-gal
cichlid-gal
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  KaraWolf 2014-07-22, 13:04

beautiful tanks! Totally jealous!
KaraWolf
KaraWolf
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  dwarfpike 2014-07-22, 14:02

Very jealous of your green thumbs.
dwarfpike
dwarfpike
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down